PLEASE NOTE: This post may contain affiliate links for products I love and believe in. When you purchase them I get a small commission. Thanks so much for your support! To read my full privacy policy click here.


A Week in the LIfe: Monday

10.08.2008
Remember last week when I was doing Ali's Week in the Life challenge? I made a folder on my desktop for each day of the week and dumped all of the photos in at the end of each day. It has taken me until today to start sorting through pictures.

Today Ali posted a number of finished examples from her readers on her blog and I am still deciding what direction to go, but I am leaning toward collage style with many small pictures and then one favorite picture from the day. But for now, here is a little sampling of my life last Monday.



I have to say that, above all, this project has made me really desire to take way more photos (and I already feel like kind of a freak about how many I take). But I love the little moments that I captured and actually wished I had taken more photos of the latter days of the week. And it has made me think...what would I give to have a small album with pictures and text documenting a week in my Grandmother's life when she was a young Mother. Wouldn't that be amazing?! And it reinforces, once again, that scrapbooking is more than a hobby, a craft or a way to spend money. It is all of those thing...but it is so much MORE!

As always, thanks Ali, for the inspiration!

6 comments

Kristin Reinhard said...

I agree, it is sooo much more. How great will it be for our kids kids to look back at our week in the life LOs and see how different life is.
I just got back all my photos so ready to start looking at them all tonight!

Nevis said...

Very cool! I think I will be inspired to do this myself...

The Sonboul's said...

LOve the one of ella jumping... such a fun shot!

Anonymous said...

You're spot on Emilie. Scrapbooking has enhanced every aspect of my life, and my appreciation of it. Amazing. Love the little glimpse into your week. Love Anita. xx

Mandy said...

Love what your doing with this project. I am gathering my ideas and my album should be here tomorrow (had to special order it with the LSS) I will get started tomorrow since I get a little me time when Mav and T are at school and Av is with gma. I can't wait to see your finshed project and I will share mine with you when its complete.
As always thanks for the inspiration!

The Osborn Family said...

Every time you write about Ali I think you are writing about me. It's terribly confusing.