Well, this week I have gone to 5 different stores looking for a cooling rack.
Ummm...what? People don't make cookies on the East Coast?
Still no dice.

Then last night we went to our favorite spot for ice cream.
Brusters.
I ordered a Hot Fudge Sundae.
And then this weird conversation took place...
Ice Cream Girl: Would you like vanilla ice cream with that?
Me: Yes.
Ice Cream Girl: And nuts and whipped cream?
Me: Yes.
Ice Cream Girl: Would you like your nuts wet or dry?
Me: Huh?
Ice Cream Girl: Wet or Dry?
Me: Ummmmm.......I'm sorry. I have no idea what you're talking about. What are wet nuts?
She answered my question, but I have to know...is this commen knowledge?
Do you know what wet nuts are???
.
.







29 comments
no idea. hilarious.
cooling rack....try pamper chef
no idea. Cooling racks hard to come by in Switzerland too.
assuming wet nuts are ones not roasted???
Possibly dry are roasted/toasted nuts? And wet nuts are ummm.. ones that haven't been toasted? Lol. Weird though.
Have you tried Target? If quality is not of the utmost importance I see cooling racks all the time in the Dollar Tree.
Yepper... I know what wet nuts are... more commonly known as wet walnuts around here. I think it might be an east coast/Pennsylvania dutch thing. Here's a recipe my gram used to make them... I'm not too fond of wet walnuts, but I hear it goes great on top of hot fudge. :)
1 1/2 cups corn light syrup
1 cup pure maple syrup
1/2 granulated sugar
1/2 cup water
2 cups walnut pieces
In a saucepan, combine the corn syrup, maple syrup, sugar and water and place it over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
Add the walnut pieces
And BTW Bruster's ROCKS!!! I LOVE their Cake Batter ice cream!!!
Girl, you need to move down south where if you don't bake cookies you're not a real Mama! LOL!! Our local Walmart keeps cooling racks in stock and as far as wet nuts are concerned... I don't know what they are, but I do know I don't like soggy nuts!! LOL!!
I have no clue what wet nuts are.
No idea, but a cooling rack? Come on. That's like, a necessity!
Crazy about the cooling racks!! I can't function with out those...and wet or dry nuts..???
LOL! i wish I could of seen the look on your face :)
Will you fill us in on what the heck wet nuts are?
i have a sister in law from pennsylvania and we always laugh at the language differences we find. she calls chicken pot pie chicken and noodles?? i am going to ask her about the wet/dry nuts?? too funny!
Wet nuts - ew. That just doesn't sound like a good thing.
I can totally hook you up with a cooling rack. They practically sell them on the street corners here in SoCal.
no clue.....must not be a midwestern thing either
I live in SC.
Wet nuts are the best thing on the sundae. They are usually walnuts that are in the sweet liquid. You sort of strain the liquid off when you dip the nuts out. It's just one more thing to add more calories to a sundae.
I hope you got the wet nuts... they're totally better.
Also, the Linen & Things next to the JoAnn's on 273 is going out of business, I'm sure they have cooling racks. You could also try Kitchen & Company over by Home Depot by Christiana Hospital, or Bed, Bath & Beyond by Target up on 202. Actually, Michael's probably has them in their Wilton aisle. I have to go return stuff to Michael's anyway, so I can check.
I do hope you'll tell us what 'wet nuts' are.. never heard of that growing up in Chicagoland.
Yes, I know what wet nuts are. I learned from a friend who was from Virginia. And I think they are nasty!
Too much syrupy goop for me!
So...did you get the wet or dry ones?
Inquiring minds want to know!
No idea! I have thankfully never been asked otherwise I'd have to find out as well. Seems like a really weird question. My guess: they've been soaked in liquid possibly water. How close am I?
My mom has been desperately looking for a cooling rack for years. I don't think they sell them anywhere. We found one at Goodwill, but it looked a little beyond cleansing.
"Wet" nuts are: regular chopped nuts (usually walnuts, but could also be pecans) that have been marinating in a sweet, gooey, syrup. They're strained out of the goop and dribbled on top of the sundae. I wish they'd come up with a nicer name for 'em.
I purchased my cooling racks at my local (East Coast) grocery store!
So hilarious! Just this past weekend I was telling my MIL about this fabulous ice cream place that I went to ALL.THE.TIME while I was one my mission in Virginia. I couldn't remember the name exactly, but it is Brusters! I loved that place. And for someone who is lactose sensitive that is something! I would gladly endure pain and constipation due to lactose just for their ice cream!
But I must say that I have never had them ask me for wet or dry nuts. Interesting.
Wha??? Never, ever have I heard of wet nuts. What are they??
Man! Lived on the East Coast for four years. How did this escape me? I learned about cabinets (milkshakes), quahogs (clams), jimmies (sprinkles), creamie (ice cream/the ice cream parlor in some New England states, and wieners (hot dogs), but not wet nuts! Well, now I know. And they sound totally yummy!
And I got my cooling rack at Bed, Bath and Beyond. Love it. I think I use it daily. LOL. I 2nd the Linens N Things though. They're all going out of business. You should find it on sale! :D
Definitely know what a cooling rack is - use it all the time! But don't know what wet nuts are! Doesn't sound that tasty though!
I've never heard of them, either! But I just moved to the southeast, so maybe it's something you learn..? And I've never been to a Brewsters...is it really good?
Yep...know what wet nuts are - hope you got those instead of the dry ones....much better!
LOVE Brusters - my fav is banana chocolate chip on a waffle cone - YUMMY! :)
Post a Comment