PLEASE NOTE: This post may contain affiliate links for products I love and believe in. When you purchase them I get a small commission. Thanks so much for your support! To read my full privacy policy click here.


Something I Love: Wondertime Magazine

10.14.2008

So, I really hate parenting magazines. These magazines go through a horrid cyclical pattern of advice from current "experts' on a certain subject. You Mommies know what I'm talking about.

Never pick up your child after they're in bed. Children need constant nurturing in the first 6 months. Don't spoil your kids by letting them sleep in your bed. If you don't sleep your kids in the bed you'll ruin their lives. Circumcision is bad. Circumcision is good. Vaccinations are.....Blah Blah Blah.

But there is one Parenting magazine I subscribe to and love. Wondertime. Finally, a breath of fresh air and what a parenting magazine truly should be. Toy recommendations for every price point. Truly informative articles about the way children grow and develop. Great crafts and activity ideas for all ages. Helpful and carefully researched information on certain topics where all opinions are reported on and accounted for. And let me just take a moment to say that the graphic and cool feel of the design will make you forget about every other frumpy parenting magazine out there.

And get this....I found a 1 year subscription today on sale for $4.95.
SHUT THE DOH!
Seriously...subscribe.
I get tons of inspiration from this magazine.

11 comments

Kristin Reinhard said...

Very cool! Must try it out one day, but i will wait till i have finished the million projects i have going on at the moment!
BTW - got the album yesterday! Thanks!!! Almost finish working on it!

Unknown said...

amen!
off to check this out.
thanks for sharing =)

Sara Ancich said...

thanks for the tip. I read Cookie...super artificial at times. I think cut out for the rich, stay-at-home mom...i don't know any of those?

Ashlee said...

Looks great! Sometime I loath getting the parent magazine. One article I kid you not, "My daughter almost lost her toe, because of a string in her sock" give me a break!
I think I will have to try it, on top of the 5 other magazines I get, plus the 3 hubby gets. Hey, atleast we recycle :)

Kristin Reinhard said...

Took me awhile in my parenting ”career" to realise thats exactly what parenting magazines are like, first thought well if it is in print well then it must be right, how wrong i was! Wish i could have a look at Wondertime over here, must write it down on my "The States" list for next time someone i know goes there!

Have a lovely Wednesday!

Annie said...

I totally agree with you about the mags on the shelf..ugh. Anything to sell issues. Thanks for the recommendation...and a recommendation from me on one other one I love...Mothering Magazine...very very different from the other "mainstream" parenting magazines out there.Check it out! www.mothering.com

Missy said...

I hear ya about all those parenting mags! And I have checked this one out. It's really great! Thanks for the reminder!

Mandy said...

I love Wonder Time I usually snag a copy when we go to the Peds office but at that price I'm gonna have to get a subscription. The ideas in this mag are awesome I have created some layouts from the designs on the pages lots of inspiration with every turn of the page. Thanks for the sub link Em.

Anonymous said...

Emilie- I did a post on this magazine a while ago. Yup, it's the best parenting magazine EVER!! Last year I gave a sub to all my "mommy" girlfriends. At $4.95 you really can't beat it.

Candice said...

I love WOnder time also! Someone gave me a gift subscription & it's up. Thx for the link!

Sissy said...

Cool, thanks Emilie, I went and ordered mine! I can't wait!