
You know I always talk about how I am not great at making cards. However, once in a while, I get it right. Like this card, which appears (on pg. 58) in the recent edition of Paper Crafts's Card Creations 6. And do you know why this card was easy? Because I made it all using October Afternoon products. How can you go wrong with their delicious papers and alphabet stickers?
Yesterday I got a package with two copies of this wonderful idea book! So I am giving one away (Retail is $14.99 and worth every penny) to a lucky blog reader. Just leave a comment on this post telling me why you adore me...NO, just kidding. Wouldn't you die if someone really required that?!! LOL!
Okay, I actually want you to leave a comment on what your favorite cartoon was as a child. I really liked the Smurfs. Who wasn't jealous of Smurfette? With all of those male smurfs to choose from? I wish I had had those gender odds in college!
Yesterday I got a package with two copies of this wonderful idea book! So I am giving one away (Retail is $14.99 and worth every penny) to a lucky blog reader. Just leave a comment on this post telling me why you adore me...NO, just kidding. Wouldn't you die if someone really required that?!! LOL!
Okay, I actually want you to leave a comment on what your favorite cartoon was as a child. I really liked the Smurfs. Who wasn't jealous of Smurfette? With all of those male smurfs to choose from? I wish I had had those gender odds in college!

Leave your comment before noon EST on Friday (tomorrow) to be eligible.
If you don't win the drawing you can buy Card Creations Vol. 6 here.
.
.







75 comments
how cute is that card? I adore you because you're FABULOUS. every bit of you. and my favorite cartoon was bugs bunny. i loved it when he said he should've taken a left turn at albuquerque.
did you have the "smurfs all star show" record? we did. and we loved it.
love your blog ... and i loved donald duck and the little guys (huey dooey and looie -- prolly spelled the names wrong) ... would love the card book; i'm not great at layouts, but, cards ... i kinda rock ...
Your card is totally cute! I'm a almost-third year subscriber to Paper Crafts magazine, lots of inspiration and my style. So I may have to check the Card Creations out. Thanks for the awesome offer!
My favorite cartoon was garfield. I loved Nermal!!! I was actually scared of the smurfs for a little while. I'm not sure why!
Great card! Really like the play on words. Oh...now you're going to make me show my age! One of my favorite cartoons was Tom Terrific.
As a kid i loved the Flintstones. I have even bought a DVD for my kids now but they arent into it .... yet!
That cute it way cute, I think i might just have to cardlift it :)
yup seen every Smurfs episode and the christmas special but Strawberry shortcake was the bomb. My sister would argue for Rainbow Bright!
Ok I loved The Flintstones.
My favorite cartoon was Scooby Doo. I think I've seen every episode. :)
I remember liking she-ra and he-man. We also like the Tiger Cats. I was all over the action cartoons.
Bugs Bunny was my favorite of all time. :) Definitely. Although the Smurfs were right up there!
love that card! gonna have to lift the simplicity of it!
hello by the way, my name is Vanessa and i live in PA not too far from you! i think i found your blog from SIS way back in the day
totally love that Chairlift/ipod song!
All time ***favorite cartoon character*** has to be FOGHORN LEGHORN -- "I Say, I Say there son" -- what a hoot! And so are you -- thanks for sharing LIFE with us daily! Have a wonderful day-- Sandy from Virginia(hey you're close to VA now!)
If we're talking Saturday morning cartoons, definitely Bugs Bunny! If cartoons encompass holiday specials, I loved Charlie Brown's Christmas - still do! I watch it every year.
Okay. This answer will surely give a clue as to how old I am, but my fav cartoon show was "Josie and the Pussycats" which I think they either made into a movie or something.
Susan (from Maryland).
I loved Smurfs,Fragle Rock,Rainbow Bright,and CareBears.I so wish they would come out with some Rainbow Bright stuff now I really think my girlies would love her and her cool friends.My non cartoon fav was Punky Bruster she was Da Bomb! Anyhoo yappy yappy me :) I love the card and OA stuff is awesome! You are fab and such an inspiration in all ways! Hugs
Scooby Doo
:)
Naomi
One of my fav would of been.... Captain Cave Man! Loved that show. Love your blog, your fab
Personally, I preferred the Power Rangers. My brother was addicted to them and I fell in love as well. I always wanted to be the Pink Ranger, she was soooo cool and kick butt. That totally just admitted my age, lol.
Gosh there was so many awesome cartoons, Bugs Bunny was definitely up there, I use to imitate the martian guy! I also loved Scooby Doo and I get to watch them all over again cause that is my little guys favourite. I liked alot of the ones listed above "Josie & the Pussycats" was cool (I guess that makes me old as well) lol.
Your card is beautiful Emilie :)
Karen (Shelby7)
Your card is fabulous. My favorite cartoons as a child were "THE RACCOONS" and "HE-MAN" :) I think that is why I think raccoons are so cute :)
Trisha
Am I too late? I, too, liked Smurfs! But Gummy Bears was also a fav of mine!
I loved Muppet Babies! I can probably still sing you the theme song to you if you asked. :)
Not actually a "cartoon", but it was on Saturday mornings, I loved H.R. Puffinstuff. I still have the song in my head...
ooooh ooooh ooooh! Pick me! :)
My favorite cartoon was definitely Muppet Babies! I loved their imagination adventures and I always wanted to know what the nanny looked like.
what a neat book. I too stink at card making, I could possibly benefit from this book.
Smurfs were BIGTIME in our house too. In fact I was Smurfette for Halloween one year, yellow yarn wig and all. If I could just find the pictures...
They just don't make cartoons like they used to. I loved the Smurfs on Saturday morning. And Fraggle Rock. I know it's not a cartoon, but who can go wrong with a Muppet?
I would have to say Fraggle Rock. But I don't remember if it was an actual cartoon or if it was a semi-real show like Sesame Street. But it was awesome!
I was in love with Scooby Doo! I love your card. I stink at making cards. A friend of mine has a card party about 4 times a year. When I go she has everything laid out and I'm always the last one done (I guess I'm asking too many questions about how to do it, eventhough everything is at my fingertips!!!)
Ooooooh....most definitely Daphne! I always loved her dress and scarf and who wouldn't have LOVED being with Freddie all the time. PLUS, she's a redhead....and my mama is a redhead...and I ALWAYS wanted red hair. However, now God blessed me with THREE REDHEADED babies!!!!!
Emilie...on a personal note...I love the blog....it cheers my day!
Jillain
I had many favorite cartoons as a kid. The one that came to mind was Jem and Holograms. It made me want to be a rockstar.
That card is adorable! I loved a lot of different cartoons as a kid. I liked Speed Racer but now I can't figure out why. I also liked Jem and Transformers, and GI Joe and Thundercats. Saturday mornings were my favorite :)
The 80's had the best cartoons, hands down! So I loved Muppet Babies and care bears. Ahh, happy childhood memories!
Seriously Em, how DO you find time to get all you do done?!
I LOVED the Smurfs too! And HeMan and Shera! I guess only because my brother always wanted to watch it!
Thundercats, Ho!!!!! :D
I'm actually debating upgrading my cable because one of the premium channels is a cartoon one that has Thundercats!!!!!
I was a huge Smurfs fan too!!! I also liked Underdog. :)
I believe I would have to say my favorite cartoon as a child was darkwing duck... that show was and still is amazing!!! I loved all those cartoons from disney from in the day lol And I really loved Goslin b/c she had red hair... I had/have red hair... it was great!!!
And that card is too cute! I've noticed that with a few brands you can't go wrong with anything tha tyou create with it... don't ya just love that??
Well, we watched it all....Smurfs, The Muppet Show, Flintstones and Scooby Doo!
One year for halloween I even dressed up as Smurfette. And all that blue face paint made me itch SO BAD!
Congrats on another publishing!
Rox
Love that card!
I loved The Jetsons, there was just something about a robot maid and flying cars that I loved!
Hmmm...I'm going to go with Rugrats. [Give me a break, I'm young]
P.S. your post yesterday cracked me up. Loved the picture of the girls being mischevious!
I love your card. I am with you. I loved the smurfs and Fragle Rock was high on the list as well.
Enjoy your day,
Lisa P
Girl, I love your blog! You and chicken keep me in stitches!!! My fave cartoon as a child was Strawberry Shortcake.Still love the dessert, but the cartoon is a little cheesy.
Emilie I adore you cause everything you do is adorable!! I love reading your blog!! and The bugs bunny and tweety show was my favorite I remember watching it at 7am on saturday mornings!!! I love to do cards and dont have the money right now to get any idea books so I would love this!!!
I think I'm addicted to your website! I'm a scrapbooking newbie and have found gobs of inspiration from you. Thank you!!
My favorite cartoon as a kid was the Smurfs, but the Snorks were a close second!
I loved cartoons when I was younger, but Wonder Twins sticks out in my head as being quite entertaining. By the way love your blog and sorry you don't get more comments! It makes me laugh out loud.
Denise
Love the card Emilie, and you're right about those October Afternoon papers!!
My favourite cartoon was "Shirt Tales" - loved those little animals with their magical t-shirts...lol. Closely followed by "Mask" - I can still sing the theme song word for word. hehe.
Your card is very sweet!!! I remember loving kermit the frog for the longest time even into my twenties!!!!
I love making cards!! But my SIL is queen of cardmaking!!!
Suzane (healingscrapper)
Your card is awesome! You're such an amazing talent!
Oh, and I forgot to say...but my favorite cartoon was TOTALLY "Scooby Doo"!
LOL!!!!!!!!!!
GREAT start - having to say why we luv ya ;) LOL!
good one! made me laff - i needed that!
:)
okay - fave cartoon growing up .... i didn't really get to watch too much TV living in the boonies here in (way) Northern Canada in a village where lil' ear thingyz were used to catch a wave so we can see SOME sort of a pic on the tube! hahaha
i think i HAD to watch spiderman (the OLD OLD cartoon) with ALL my broz! and hercules ... hahaha... how old am i? i never really got into cartoons too much ... but out of the ones i was forced to watch - spidey! hahah
Lillian
my fav cartoon well its not really a cartoon is JEM. I did like watching smurfs i watched it everyday and scooby doo grace love scooby doo
Do I have to pick just one? I loved Transformers (Bumblebee was my favorite) and Thundercats (Lion-o was sooo hawt! LOL)
That is such a cute card girl!
My fav cartoon as a child were the Smurfs too - just loved all those funny little blue characters!! LOL!
Such an adorable card!! Love it. And I think my favorite cartoon as a kid was the Flintstone Kids. I didn't like cartoons much though. :-p You don't have to enter me in the drawing. I just wanted to leave you a comment! :D
I love the card--that line of October Afternoon paper is one of my all time favorites!
And my favorite cartoon-making me really showing my age-was Holly Hobbie. Why yes, I WAS a child of the 70's!
hard to pick just one...rainbow bright , shirt tales and i'm thinking scooby doo wins #1!
i really like your fresh style!
sara
Hmm...let me think..fave cartoon..
I too loved the Smurfs, I also liked:
Luno (one nobody else seems to remember about a toy pegasus that a boy brought to life with a rhyme)
Rainbow Bright
THe Jetsons
The Flintstones
Gummy Bears
Ducktails
Great card! REmember Josie and the Pussycats? Well, I loved her! Also, loved Jem. I wanted to change my name to Jem after that one!
My favorite was Muppet Babies!
I loved the jetsons. i mean really. I wish I had irona! :)
I would love to have that issue!
My fav cartoon was H.R. Puffinstuff!!!! I can still
sing the theme song!
I loved Alvin and the Chipmunks. The only one I really remember caring about watching.
Thanks for the chance to win such a great book! My favorite cartoon was Scooby Doo.
Deana
nice card!!
tom and jerry was the best ever!!
Well, due to the fact that I lived in the boonies and had what we called farmer vision (rabbit ears on the tv), my favourite show was the Flinstones. I LOVED Pebbles and BamBam! But, secretly, I wanted to be able to have cable so that I too could watch the smurfs and understand what was so wonderful about those blue creatures. Ah, memories!
I suck at cards too, so it would be wonderful to have some inspiration!
Thanks Emilie!
carol.in.canada
Ahhh...I've been blog surfing...actually you're on my favorites list - you inspire me!!!
My favorite cartoon...IDK...I'd have to say Rocky and Bullwinkle. I used to get up at 6 in the morning to practice the piano and if I woke up earlier than that, I'd sneak in and watch Rocky and Bullwinkle at 5:30...then my mom and dad caught on to me!!!
For claiming not to be a card-maker, that is one CUTE card! I liked Smurfs, too. I also really liked the Jetsons.
Tom and Jerry is my favorite.
Strawberry shortcake was probably one of my faves. In fact, my girlys were just watching an updated version of Strawberry when I tried to convince them it would be so cool to live in a berry shaped house. It didn't go over too well(evidently I was more into Strawberry than they were). I do so enjoy your blog!
Hi Emily - love your cards! My fav cartoon was Scooby Doo! :)
elaine t
I'm with you...I loved Smurfs, too.
Fun questions! I loved the smurfs too, had quite the collection of figurines, but my favorite cartoon had to be the Jetsons! I wanted so badly to live in the future and just press a button and have my hair, makeup and clothes on in seconds! What's not to love! :)
My favorite cartoon as a child??? I don't remember watching much tv...I'd rather play. I guess I'd have to go for the good old Mickey Mouse cartoons. My mom had a tape of all cartoons from the Disney channel and every now and then, I would watch that. I think she put it on for me when I wasn't feeling well. Great card!
that card is adorable Emilie! cute play on words! my fav cartoon as a child was the Littles, I loved the ideas at the end! LOL!
the smurfs were up there too!
Awww what a cute and beautiful card!!!
I loved the Gummi Bears, I also liked the Smurfs!!!!
xxxx
Post a Comment