PLEASE NOTE: This post may contain affiliate links for products I love and believe in. When you purchase them I get a small commission. Thanks so much for your support! To read my full privacy policy click here.


Recession Elephants for ALL!

10.24.2008

So, my cutey-cute friend Emily linked these adorable blank board books from Romp on her blog last week. The cost was a mere $4.

And like an impetuous child I ran straight to the link and bought 3. I then found out that you can buy better blank books in more sizes at Barebooks.com for $1.50.

What a burn.


Oh well....I still get cute books right? Nope. Yesterday I received a package from Romp containing these...


Two small carved wooden elephants and the invoice for them to a woman in California who is undoubtedly opening her box of board books and shaking her fist at the sky.

But the best part is, I got to see how much these small (smaller than a nail polish bottle) wooden elephants put this lady back. Are you ready for it? $80.00!!!

Wowza! Someone should tell this California Mom that there's a recession going on right now to rival the Great Depression. Fill your gas tank while you still can! LOL! Although they are kind of cute. And it did go through my mind to carve my own out of soap, mail them to her and sell hers on eBay for a tidy profit.

Okay...I would never actually do it, but thinking about it is kind of funny.
.

7 comments

sandra said...

$80?! wowza!!

i'd like to be her though-that must be nice, God bless her :)

*reyanna* said...

You're right... thinking of that IS kind of funny. Can you imagine? Spending that much on elephants and then soap showing up? Tee hee. You are SO a girl after my own heart... ;)

Anonymous said...

WOW! For that price I would have thought I was getting real elephants! hehe

Oh well, It would be nice one day to have $80 elephants on display, perhaps in 20 years time once the kids have moved out of home - because I know my daughter would try and put them in her farm yard toy box! hehe

xo

Becky said...

Don't worry...did you read Bare Books shipping terms?

Shipping is a flat $6 per order in the US. Minimum order is $20. Please contact us for orders outside the US.

So you would have had to order a quarter of an elephant to be able to ship. The big point...You saved money. Good job Emilie!

Emily said...

HOLY! You weren't kidding when you said small. I was thinking book-size or something. Sheesh. But they are cute.

Sorry again.

the real ~Roxann~ said...

That's so funny!

Maybe she's political? Makes you wonder what kind of person would spend $80 on elephants!

Rox

Nevis said...

Ha ha! You crack me up! And who would pay $80 for those elephants?