And this morning, while I was working on the computer, Chicken made her own piece of toast as a mid-morning snack. She put the bread in the toaster, toasted it, waited for it to cool, removed it and buttered it herself with a table knife. When I glanced over I saw this....

The most liberal buttering of toast of all time.
I'm pretty sure I can say that without contest.
I asked her if I could take some of the butter off to which she weakly replied, "But I already buttered it...all by myself." So considering that her weight is in about the 3rd percentile...being almost 4 years old and weighing in at around 26 pounds, I let her eat it. I cringed the entire time and maybe dry heaved once or twice, but I still let her eat it.
Nainy would be proud.
.
.
P.S. And just in case you noticed....Chicken is wearing a ballerina's tutu this morning...just like every other morning...and afternoon....and evening......always.
.
.







5 comments
you're a GOOD mom. whenever we make air-popped popcorn, isaac always wants to add the butter himself. i'll melt some in the microwave, then he pours it on...in one spot. and refuses to let me stir. so like 6 pieces of popcorn are saturated in butter, and none of the rest has any. gross.
That is so funny! I bet she loved every single buttery bite!!!
Please tell me that her legal name is not Chicken. PLEASE!!!
My dad has the same adoration of real butter (& sour cream, I might add)...and my 3 year old son is the same way. We've caught him trying to snag spoonfuls of it out of the butter dish to eat by itself! TFS! :)
I had the same love of butter when I was a kid, but my mom stopped me from eating too much. My stealthy self often resorted to sneaking butter straight from the stick. I cringe at the thought now!
Post a Comment