PLEASE NOTE: This post may contain affiliate links for products I love and believe in. When you purchase them I get a small commission. Thanks so much for your support! To read my full privacy policy click here.


This and That

10.21.2008

It's about time for a THIS and THAT post...

Bazzill mini albums. I am mailing out the mini albums, but here's the deal, beautiful people. Fifty of you asked for one. I have been addressing envelopes like I am getting married. So I sent out a first wave last week, then I waited to get a second package from Stacy J. I have it now and I *hope* to mail out the rest tomorrow. I am doing my best bloggies!

- - - - -



Evangeline has decided Monocles are all the rage. There is a certain necklace pendant I have and she loves to hold it up to her left eye. She has been doing this non-stop for a week and she even sleeps with this thing. Strange, but funny. I am totally not sure, but a highly suspect that this new obsession is born out of Fifi's continual viewing of Cinderella. Remember the Duke always has a Monocle in that cartoon?

- - - - -

Matt has been out of town on a business trip since Sunday afternoon and will not return until Thursday night. He is in glorious San Diego, CA while I stay at home and chase children who are wearing no panties (more on that later). While away, he proved his ultimate manliness by winning us a new Garmen GPS system by having the strongest handshake of any person at the conference. Yep...the entire conference of muscle-bound Health Administrators. That's my boy!

- - - - -

Does Britney Spears getting skinny mean we have to see her all naked and steamy in her new video on 20/20 ?!! If so, I prefer chubby, lost and covered Britney.

- - - - -

I am getting very tired of this political race. We live in Delaware, but our television stations come from Pennsylvania, a swing state. The sheer amount of political commercials on TV is mind numbing and frustrating beyond words.

To make matters worse I recently watched Mr. Smith Goes To Washington as per my birthday goals and that has embittered me even more. Why can't it be like that? Can't good people who haven't compromised their souls ever run for president? Matt's answer: No. Because to reach a level of politics beyond the local level one must have a longing for power. I think he may be right, although the optimist in me rages against that idea. At least there's still this to make me laugh. Hold me close JibJab...you're all I have left!

- - - - -

You Mommies all know it. The sudden silence of wickedness. When all of the sudden it's quiet...too quiet and you know your children are into something wicked. This was the scene that met me today during one of those moments.

Fifi laying on the floor, drawing on our linoleum with a red crayon. Chicken, with pants and panties discarded on the footstool step, leaning over the sink and making a "stew" out of mouthwash, foaming hand cleanser and Windex.

The towel, which I pulled from the fresh clean laundry just today, laying on the floor in a heap and a photo of me and my friends from Utah in a place of honor in front of the toilet.

9 comments

Emily said...

go matt! i'm so impressed!

we have next to no political commercials, it's weird. and the only ones i've seen are for obama. not one mccain. weird.

The Sonboul's said...

That last pic is so my normal life lol! nice to know I'm not the only one!

Sara Ancich said...

As I was laughing outloud reading this last portion of your post, my husband passed by, saw the picture, and as I tried to explain that I don't really know you but find your writing hysterical, he turned and walked away with raised eyebrows. He does not really "get" the blog world. You are toooooo funny!

Mandy said...

Way to go Matt. The political ads drive me crazy too they have tamed down alittle here in MI but before they put Obama ahead here every other ad was about the campaign. Mt daughter went around saying I'm Barack Obama I approve this messege. The last photo is something that happens here you know is there is silence you better run and it seems what one doesn't think the other/s will LOL.
Have a great day!

Aartee said...

Awww good luck with the kiddos it looks like you have your hands full :)

Missy said...

Love that last picture...and we all know the wickedness you're talking about!!
Great jib jab!

It's Me...shell said...

funny wicked girls! I love and miss you guys like crazy. P.S. i love that she's playing with the bridesmaids necklace from my wedding. Woo Hoo! She's drawn to me

Holly Denghel said...

*snort* I don't have kids, but your blog makes me look forward to the days when I have them and I get to discover all these wild and wacky things they do.

Nevis said...

Ha ha ha! That last picture is precious!!! You should totally scrapbook that! Talk about life moments!