Do you all really care if I prefer milk or soda?
Autumn of Spring? I barely care myself.
But, once in a while a tag comes along that is different. And brilliant. And makes you smile a bit. I was tagged by Pam Callaghan for this and it's wicked cool.
You are making your first album.

Follow these instructions:
1 - BAND NAME Go to "wikipedia." Hit “random article”or click http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random
The first random wikipedia article you get is the name of your band.
2 - ALBUM TITLE Go to "Random quotations"or click http://www.quotationspage.com/random.php3
The last four or five words of the very last quote of the page is the title of your first album.
3 - COVER ART Go to flickr and click on “explore the last seven days”or click http://www.flickr.com/explore/interesting/7days
Third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover.
4 - Use Photoshop or similar software to put it all together.
5 - Create a mix CD you feel reflects your band.
(Okay, I made that last step up, but won't it be fun?!)
I think mine turned out to be a cool Indie album. LOL!
And the title, "How To get the Bark On". Perfection!
You know that someone from my Handmade Ambush
is going to be getting this CD as a mix.
Maybe a collection of raspy-voiced, folksy, British, female artists?
Indeed.
.
.







23 comments
that is so SO COOL! I'm doing mine right now, although of course it won't be as good as yours. Nothing I do ever is.
Sad.
nevermind, mine's pretty cool.
mine turned out pretty cool too I was laughing the whole time at what came up lol.
Who knew I was so "deep"? This was so fun!
Send it to me or I might just choke myself to death!!!!!!
lol this is so funny. I got this same tag last night from Pam and now I HAVE to do it!
PS I would buy that CD! lol
Okay, I think this is about the most fun you can have sitting at the computer in jammies. I might just make myself a whole discography instead of cleaning bathrooms.
~Tami
this is a really cool tag....i want to try it when i have time :)
oh making your own mix to co with your album... I like that idea a lot!!
too funny Emilie! Here's how mine turned out... http://heyhoewarren.blogspot.com/2009/02/my-band.html
this is tons of fun! off to try!
couldn't remember your email and somehow knew your blog...BUT had to say THANKS for martha's glue pens, especially that fine tipped beauty. Spent the day black glittering "Magic of Cub Scouts" till pen went dry, cramp in hand, and calluses where none have been before. I'm sooooo happy. Don't know how I lived without and life will never be the same. Even made special call to Jeremy in NYC to talk about...glue pens...loving husband listened too! You inspired. Have a good night. Brandy
Awesome tag!
Gonna have to make my album and see what I end up with!
I didn't do the artwork but my band name was cyberspace communications and my album name was less than perfectly polished.
Awesome! Thanks for sharing.
I really kind of dislike tags, too. I never do them. But, I love this one! How fun. I *might* even think about posting mine. We'll see. :)
My band name was Comet Dust, and my album name was As Long As It Wants. The picture was a really cool photo of some stairways.
Thanks for a fun break in my day!
Emily, I read your blog all the time but this is the first time i have posted a comment. Loved the tag! Mine turned out total girl grunge band! So not me...ok maybe in my dreams!!! =) Thanks for the fun! Now to make an album!
Band Name= Oasis Valley Springsnail
Album= fugitive from the law of averages (???)
Pic= a sepia colored photo of a girl in a dress wading in water.
FUNKY!!!!
Thanks Emilie!! That was fun! Here's what I came up with for mine:
http://www.lotusblossomphotography.net/?p=626
"Autumn of spring" I'm going to ponder that one. Do any of us truly like the autumn of spring?
This was oh so fun!
Here's mine!
http://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=79817&nocache=1
This is fun.
Here is mine
http://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=79962&cat=500&ppuser=17778
this was great fun, thanks. I really liked how my album turned out. :)
This is an intensely cool tag. Definitely doing it. I only wish I'd won the giveaway so that I could be getting your album! (By the way, thank you so much for the blog playlist - most drive me crazy, but yours has introduced me to so many songs that I love!) Will you puh-lease post your list of songs? Maybe I will have to host a mix CD exchange and beg you to participate! :)
Post a Comment