PLEASE NOTE: This post may contain affiliate links for products I love and believe in. When you purchase them I get a small commission. Thanks so much for your support! To read my full privacy policy click here.


I'm A Super Genius

2.27.2009

Last night, Matt went to bed around 10:00 pm. I decided to take all of my medicine I take each night when he went to bed so that I didn't wake him later by turning on our bathroom light. I went in and grabbed my medicines in a hurry and washed them down with some nice, cold water.

Then I began working on a much overdue scrapbooking assignment and I called Emily Foley to chat while I worked. The conversation started out normally enough, but about an hour in I was finding it difficult to find words and losing my train of thought and feeling excessively fatigued. I kept apologizing and mumbling something about how my "pregnancy brain" never went away after I had my last baby.

I finally stumbled into bed at 1:00 am and fell into a deep sleep. This morning I awoke with the girls at 7:00 am and felt like a train had run over me. I was seriously groggy. I went into the bathroom to wash my hands after changing Fifi's diaper and saw the medicines I had taken the night before on the counter. And there, instead or my usual white pill among the other bottles was a similarly sized other white pill that turned out to be a muscle relaxer. Now, let me say, that I keep these muscle relaxers around for if I ever strain my back and I usually cut them into 4ths. And last night I took a whole one.

That's what I call a Super-Genius.

5 comments

Emily said...

hahahahaha! I'm DYING! NO wonder you were incoherent by the end of our convo. hilarious. and speaking of muscle relaxers, one time i took one in college and proceeded to (attempt) to eat a hot pocket. after my second bite, i started chewing and the hot pocket FELL OUT OF MY MOUTH. my roommates were all, "um, dude, that food just fell out of your mouth." i was so out of it they literally had to put my arms around their necks and drag me to bed.

Dalon said...

grrrrrrllllll ... this makes me chuckle a little ONLY because I have been in a similar situation ... I really did not intend to do it ... it just happened! I don't know how!! HA!!! great story - thanks for sharing :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh no! So sorry for you, well you got relaxed for sure!

Anonymous said...

lol! Oh no. I hate to say it, but that is REALLY funny! It reminds me of when I was in university and buying my own medicine for the first time-- I learned the hard way why they call it Nytol. I fell dead asleep in class and got in trouble from the prof!

Anonymous said...

Yup, I'm laughing too because I did kind of the same thing. DH is on a narcotic pain med called Dilaudid. Powerful stuff. I took 8mg by mistake instead of my own meds one morning before going to work. I did figure it out before leaving the house, but needless to say, I phoned in sick (and more than slightly high) that day. Sure didn't have any pain for 5 hours though.