I got four things in the mail that made my little heart sing.
1. These delicious stamps from Purple Onion Designs.
Very "Apothecary Chic". That's not a real term, but now it is. And it's going to sweep the Nation!

2. A decidedly playful and bright kit from Kraft Girl Kits. I am their Guest Artist for March and I will be giving sneaks as I create. But for now, just know that this kit is a delight.
3. These amazing fat quarters from Cosmo Cricket. Did you know they now make fabric? Well, they do and I see a home-sewn Mystery Hero Bunny in somebody's future.

4. This funky little gimpy tripod. I got it from eBay for $8 (including shipping) but what it means is that you will now be the recipients (for good or evil) of blog videos. Starring me...or at least my hands. It also means no more stacking encyclopedias up on a chair to take a family picture at Thanksgiving. Good Times.

And finally, I love this idea from the Freckled Nest blog. When I was in college we used to tape a blank peice of posterboard on a common wall and write funny things people said or did on the posterboard throughout the year. It is so amazing how many funny and quirky bits of life we forget!This artist, Leigh-Ann, made a small book to carry around with her and record those funny moments. It is a long post, but well worth reading for the great advice (useful even if you're not crafty) and the funny tidbits she shared. My personal favorite...."Your first prayer had sabotauge in it." I am totally going to do this. Thanks for the inspiration Leigh-Ann!
.







3 comments
Hey Em,
I don't know if you read Sew, Mama, Sew, but it's fat quarter month over there, and they have a TON of projects for fat quarters:
http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/?cat=38
Even I've been inspired to sew a little somethin' somethin'.
I really liked the Freckeled Nest. Thx for mentioning it!
Danielle
1. I bought that tripod for hubby for xmas- it has not even been opened yet. Looking forward to your comments on it.
2. I have a cheapie notpad I keep in a magnetic basket on the side of the fridge where I jot down funny things the kids say. Off the top of my head I know the one that cracked me up recently was we were talking about Sea World and what animals live there and the 5 yr old pipes up "And GLOBSTERS!"
Deanna
Post a Comment