
I have been uploading my Project 365 photos to a Flickr gallery since January 1st now and may I say that I have a slightly disturbing craving for comments on my photos. This, like every other online resource, is just one more way for me look for external praise. But why?
Comments on the blog,
Comments on the blog,
friends on Facebook,
reading friends on Goodreads
and now this.
This is puzzling, since I am usually someone who finds fulfillment from within myself and from the many spoken and unspoken gestures from my husband and children. So why would a stranger saying I am a good photographer matter?
This is puzzling, since I am usually someone who finds fulfillment from within myself and from the many spoken and unspoken gestures from my husband and children. So why would a stranger saying I am a good photographer matter?
I think in the end, we are, all of us, still that 11 year old awkward and zitty pre-teen who wants to get asked to slow dance at Spring Fling and longs for their first kiss.
Please someone tell me I am not the only one. Do you crave blog comments the way I do?
Please someone tell me I am not the only one. Do you crave blog comments the way I do?







29 comments
Of course! And, I get jealous when my friends receive more comments than I do. It's the feeling of not being *insert favorable adjective here* enough all over again.
I DO. I check my stupid blog 17 times a day and when there is one more comment it's like Christmas morning. It's ridiculous. Why do I care? I don't know, but I do. I had 109 visits to my blog today and like 4 comments on my post. What's the deal with that?
(this is the first time I've ever admitted to being comment hungry and I'm feeling very vulnerable.)
oh. and my kid is CUTE. check out that picture! or, maybe he's not that cute, you're just an AMAZING PHOTOGRAPHER.
I have to laugh over this post and Emily's comment because I have given up posting comments because I feel too stalkerish (um on both of your blogs) when I'm the only one out of 109 visitors that always comments. So maybe this will coax me out of silence....maybe. :)
Emilie ... I secretly lurk around your blog ... occasionally I comment ... I love your honesty and humour ... I have left an award for you over on my blog ...
oh man, have you hit the nail on the head. I LOVE to get comments but realize everyone's lives are just as busy as mine so that's why they don't post.
I love reading your blog, but feel like I don't "know" you well enough to post. You're photography is amazing, and something I wish I could capture in my every day life. Keep up your awesomeness, even when the encouragement isn't quite there.
I usually leave comments. But like Natalie I sometimes feel stalkerish! especially when comments are from people the blogger knows I feel like I am intruding.
Great blog btw and congrats on the pencillines thingy!
I think everyone likes them and it is nice to know someone likes your work.
I absolutely love comments, which is why I'm commenting on your blog (even though I'm a complete stranger to you). Great blog! Your girls are so cute!
Ahhhh - what an accurate observation about life!
YES, YES, YES....and I get so disappointed when I don't get any
:(
Okay, here's your comment. I generally don't comment on blogs, but I will say I just started to read yours and I am enjoying it....
k8
I DO! I almost DIED when I found out I had 226 visits last weeks and about 10 comments... Seriously! I do not always leave comments but I try!
I LOVE that picture of Noah and Dave! It is very parenting magazine, fun in the sun like!
You crack me up!
You are definitely not the only one. It makes my day when someone finds the time in their busy day to visit my blog or gallery - but the best part - when they actually slow down enough, or care enough, to leave a comment. It's the best!
Sure do - think i could of written your post myself ; ). But i think we all just want to be liked by everyone! I must say any comment on my blog/galeries etc can really make my day (especially if its been a hard one like today; ) )
I think we're all the same way. I check my blog a billion times a day just to receive comments. I think it harkens back to the days when we were in middle school/high school and we wanted to be popular. You know?
Cute layouts on the Peachy Cheap website girl!
I live for comments too!
It is the absolute best to get a comment. I'd leave more myself, but like another poster, I feel stalkerish as well.
Yes I do! SO get on that woman! LOL! Just kiddin. You are on goodreads? WOO HOO! One more place to stalk you.
Ditto what kimberlee said... loved your "ouch" post- but from your photos I think that lady needed to have her eyes checked!!!
Ha Ha...I just started a new blog and I am constantly checking for comments to see if anyone has visited...I was hoping this obsession would go away after awhile? I love your work by the way...I just found you...so now i can leave you comments on all your beautiful work:)
this is a great post!!! :-) I too love getting comments, or even an e-mail note about something a person saw on one of my blogs, but alas, I write for me ... my "scrap" blog was started because I thought I wanted to be in the scrap business, but it turns out that I just enjoy the hobby ;-) and I have a blog for family, but no one comments ... they just look and keep up with the boys ... soooooo I am left to look around cyberspace and see how wonderful your blog is and comment on it ... keep it up!!!!!!
p.s. have I already told you that I love your music??? I leave your blog open so I can just listen while I'm doing other things ;-)
I used to say "I'm going to go check my e-mail now." But that ended up being code for "Check my e-mail (all three), facebook, blog, scrap sites, bloglines, etc." So now we have a running joke where instead I just say "I'm going to get validated now." ha
well HELLO! yeah, me too. but my blog is teeny weeny small, so of course I literally count the comments :)
And I agree with Dalon: the music is heavenly!
Greetings from Germany
Nina
I love comments too. My husband was only comfortable with a private blog if anything so I'm private. I feel like people forget about me and I'm always checking my blog for comments. It's so very sad.
I really, really love your blog. It's one I check every day...like 3 or 4 times a day. I don't comment too much anymore. Not sure why. I secretly hope you look at my blog too, although it's not nearly as exciting as yours! I've invited you to and you accepted. So do you look at it?
likeaclearbluesky.blogspot.com
Wow look at all the comments posted for you. You hay and peopve something to say and people listen.
jgwm.blogspot.com
I love reading your blog! I am one of the "stalkers" that never leaves a comment, just because I don't know you. Your blog is one of my most favorite to read, so funny and lots of great scrap ideas! Your pictures are truly awesome too!
I think we all have that Jr High girl inside of us who craves praise from others! As hard as I try to ignore her, she is there inside of me too and praise makes her so, so happy, and rejection...well lets just say she sheds a few tears!
Sorry I haven't stopped by in a while, we have had some craziness and just a bunch of life going on lately! I sure miss cropping with ya! Stop by next time you visit UT!
Post a Comment