PLEASE NOTE: This post may contain affiliate links for products I love and believe in. When you purchase them I get a small commission. Thanks so much for your support! To read my full privacy policy click here.


They're Growing

2.08.2009
Oh no.
My kids are growing up.
Quickly.
I know every mother faces this, but today, I feel a bit teary because my babies are so big.

Little Evangeline will be 2 in March. She has started wearing her hair in pigtails and is talking more and more. Here she is devouring pizza at Cici's and in the second picture, showing me her teeth (there's a new tooth in there that appeared this week). She is still the sweetest kid I have ever met.


Ella will be 4 at the end of this month. Recently she hit the stellar milestone of jamming items up her nose and thinking it was really funny. Case in point...this pretzel stick, which she calls a Prince-ill, because it's all about castles and royalty.


This week I have been working on teaching Ella to write her own name. Last night, we sat together, side by side, at our coffee table and she wrote it by herself for the first time correctly and without help. This step in development seems dangerously close to me sending her off to kindergarten. Then it's college. And then she's married.

I love these little people so much. I think I am doing a good job, but sometimes I am completely overwhelmed/in awe of the responsibility myself and Matt have of helping them become the best they can be. I just hope that all of the good things I teach them mixed with all of the mistakes I make as a parent will somehow result in them remaining the wonderful human beings they already are as they grow.

To my fellow Mommies everywhere...
We are an amazing force.
Let's be the best Moms ever this week! Woot!
.
.

16 comments

Emily said...

wow, isaac hasn't written his own name yet and he'll be five in may. go ella!

Anonymous said...

I looove that sentiment ... and yes your girls are gorgeous!!

Unknown said...

I know where you're coming from. My son will be 2 in March as well. His first birthday was all fun and cheers; this one I don't like. The second birthday is just confirming he's a big boy now.

Anonymous said...

love that pretzel in the nose.
a see an er visit in your future!
lol!

Anonymous said...

your girls are so gorgeous!

Amy said...

here's to being the best MOMS ever this week!!! i'm with you :) thanks for the encouragement....

Heather said...

my girls are 4 and almost 2...we had playdoh up one nostril this weekend! thanks for this post -i needed the giggle and the encouragement!

Anonymous said...

you're a GREAT mom!

Anonymous said...

You always make me want to be a better Mommy. Thanks for the encouragement!

Nevis said...

Aww...they're so super cute!

Oh, and I gave you a lovely little award because you're awesome and super creative. Happy Monday!

Anonymous said...

Aw sweetie, you are obviously doing a great job! You have beautiful girls and oh that hair! I LOVE IT! Have a great day!

Rebecca said...

Thanks for the great pics and pep talk. I have two little boys, Carter is 3 and Gareth will be 2 in march too. Today was NOT a good Mommy and children day. But now I feel better after reading your post and feel the rest of the week will be better.

allyson joy said...

i came across your photos in flickr and was drawn in, you have beautiful children and great layouts ~ go figure, october afternoon is in my top two favorite scrapbook lines. just wanted to say hello and im feeling the inspiration from your blog!!! xxoxoxxo ally {san diego}

Candice said...

Watch out for the stuff up the nose. That's all I'm going to say. :) & thanks for being the blog I don't mute the music on! ;)

Stacy said...

This was something that I needed to read today. Yesterday wasn't a good day for me and my 2 guys. Gabe is 5 and Graedon is 2, and we had a rough start to the day. Nothing like ruining a day by having such a bad morning. This post is a great reminder for me to be the best mom that I can be despite the bad mornings, afternoons and/or nights! Thank you!

Jenn said...

wow! I can't believe how big both of your girls are getting! Especially Eva... I remember her as a little baby... not big enough to eat a slice of pizza! they are both darling... I hope you're doing well!