PLEASE NOTE: This post may contain affiliate links for products I love and believe in. When you purchase them I get a small commission. Thanks so much for your support! To read my full privacy policy click here.


CHA Shoes

2.09.2009
Okay, I'm just gunna give it to you straight. Chubby girls really like cool shoes. And I think it's obvious that the reason is...shoes always fit. However, I am the exception.

I have always had large feet. Well, large and wide feet. They have been a size 11 since I was around 12 years old. But then I had babies, and my arch fell a bit and that has plummeted me into the abyss of size 12 shoes. And, I kid you not, I have totally looked into buying shoes intended for drag-queens. But the google search and ensuing websites led into a carnival of Drag Queen websites with images which are still burned into my psyche. I'm just sayin'...these sites generally sell more than just shoes. So I gave up on that one.

But, I stumbled on to two perfectly adorable pairs of shoes right before the CHA. Sure, they were both kind of tight, but we all suffer for fashion right? And it worked. For the first time in my entire life, someone looked down at my feet and said, "Cute shoes!" And the Editor of Scrapbooks Etc. even took a photo of them while we were crushed together in the Press Area, awaiting the arrival of Paris Hilton.

In tribute, I made this layout last night. And I totally love it. Check out the new Dymo Caption Maker which prints lowercase AND script fonts.


PRODUCTS - Cardtstock: WorldWin - Patterned Paper: October Afternoon - Alphabet Stickers: October Afternoon - Chipboard Swirl: Rusty Pickle - Circle Punch: Marvy - Journaling strips: DYMO Caption Maker

.

13 comments

noel joy said...

i love them emilie!!! definitely cute shoes. i'm so glad you found some that worked, they look so sassy.

kimberlee said...

Cute shoes and I soooo can sympathize. :)

Kristin Reinhard said...

Love this layout Emilie - and fantastic shoes.

Stephanie said...

I think that is why I have a deep love affair with purses! I never have to wonder if they will fit. :) Great shoes & layout!

Jennifer said...

Cute shoes!!

Denise said...

adorable layout for such adorable shoes!!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG! You are so funny!!!

My girls have small feet, well, by today's standards. They are size 7,8, and 8. They have many friends though with size 10 nd 11 feet, it is pretty common these days with young girls. I love the shoes you chose no matter what size. Glad you had fun with them.

P.S. Nordstrom carries shoes under 5 and over 10.

Love the post!

Rhayne said...

Just found your site from Pencil Lines. Love your funky style and your kids are just too darn cute! And I could listen to your blog all day... and have been at work today :) Ever since moving out to the middle of nowhere it's hard to find music that isn't mainstream.

bcre8uv said...

I have big feet too (though not quite as big as yours, which makes me feel better! hahaha) My mom used to tell me that Jackie Onassis wore a 10, to make me feel better.

The shoes are adorable, and so it the page!

The Sonboul's said...

I love this layout! It's so DELIGHTFUL! I loved the blue shoes ;)

Aimee Ann said...

how fitting that you have perfectly colored shoes at cha! i have big/wide 11 feet too. nordstrom rack is my favorite place to find shoes. oh yeah, and ross. :)

good luck with your shoesearch missy.

Dalon said...

your shoes are SO cute!! I have always felt the same about my feet ... I'm 5'2" and wear 8 1/2 or 9 ... boats for my height really ... oh well ...

Anonymous said...

Where did you find them ? :) I wear size 12 W or 12 WW !!

I totally understand.