Me: Ella, your birthday is soon. Would you like a cake or cupcakes.Ella: Mom! Cupcakes are for Valen-times Day! I want a cake.
Me: Okay. What color do you want.
Ella: Pink. With sprinkles and sparkles and some white. And little girls dancing on it.
Me: What color do you want the inside to be.
Ella: Yellow.
Me: Okay. So Pink...
Ella: And white.
Me: Pink and white frosting with sprinkles and little girls.
Ella: AND sparkles. Sprinkles AND sparkles. You forgot the sparkles.
Me: Oh yes, how could I forget the sparkles?!
Ella: And no ugly brown mountains, just pink dancing girls.
Me: Okay. I'll see what I can do.
Ella: Thanks. You're a good Mom . . . . . . . . Oh, and make sure you hide the cake so some sneaky fox doesn't come and steal it out of the house.
Me: Okay. I'll make sure it's safe.
I guess last year's 8 layer cake decorated as a princess castle has been forgotten already.
We'll see what materializes this year.
I'm still working on it.
.
(*photo is from Ella's lunch at Panera today with her birthday Cinnamon Roll).







5 comments
Have the happiest of birthdays, little one. I'm wishing that no sneaky foxes show up (how cute is she?)
She is too cute!! She comes up with some of the funniest things love reading your conversations with her especially the bit about the sneaky foxy. I hoep Swiper (Dora's foxy friend) didn't do any swiping today lol. Sweet Dreams Birthday Girl!
I need a birthday cinnamon roll right now! I am so happy for her 4th b-day. I remember being with you at the hospital through all the hard stuff....rubbing your head while you were waiting for the drugs to kick in. And almost needing a C-section. You were a real trooper. I also remember all the hospital time and how brave you were to have your little chicken being taken care of by all those loving people. I am so glad that she is able to be a part of your happy little family. Jealous..but 100% happy!!!
I wish I knew of a 24 Hour cinnamon roll place...I've totally got to have a cinnamon roll now.
And I know what she means about the ugly brown mountains. Absolutely valid request. :)
~T.
Happy Belated Birthday to your little one! I actually saw you and the girls in Panera the other day! I was like I recognize those cute little red headed girls!
Post a Comment