We went to eat at this great Amish Restaurant and the building next to it was also a restaurant/store which sold it's own homemade sweets. Here's what the sign said. I laughed like an idiot.

Yes, it's called The Outhouse and grossly, they make fresh fudge daily. Ick. Nothing like a poo joke to get your Sabbath day started off right, eh? And it gets better. I have noticed a few rather disturbing city names in Pennsylvania and this country store was not about to let that uncomfortable opportunity to capitalize on sophomoric humored individuals, like me, pass them by. Here they have taken an assortment of the best town names and replicated their city signs so you can hang them in your bachelor pad and laugh really hard, when you're drunk with your Frat brothers, about living in Blue Ball, PA. If only I could think of an unmarried Mormon friend to give the Virginville sign to.

{Sigh}
Wasted potty-humor.
.
.







12 comments
Hey Em! I just LAUGHED OUT LOUD at this post.
One of my most cherished items from my childhood is the little black rocking chair I got when I was born - from my God Parents. It's from INTERCOURSE, PA! The chair has been repainted...but there is a spot on the bottom of the chair that is still the old color - so as not to cover up the inked markings that say "made with love in Intercourse, PA"
I giggle EVERY TIME I see notice it!!
I've been to Intercourse, PA. And I may have been to Blue Ball as well. And I, too, found those things utterly hilarious and took pictures. And scrapped them. :)
omg... totally cracking up here. thanks for the sharing your photos and giving us all a great giggle.
Hugs
Elisa K
Okay, when I lived in Europe...we went through a little town, (cannot remember the country) my mother took a photo of the town name. It was VULVA! lol
That is SO FUNNY!!! Love the OUTHOUSE/fudge jokes! I'm all about poop jokes!
Potty humor is always a classic. No need to apologize to us - we're all giggling with you.
It's on my to do list to research the development of these town names. I mean...there has to be a good reason, right?
Have you tried the Shady Maple? I went for the first time yesterday for my B Day. It's just wonderful, *sigh* I can't wait till I get a chance to go back.
that is toooooo funyyyyy!!!!!!!!---i love it---hey, i need to know how you got your 3 columns on your blog--i have blogspot and i would love to move my sidebar items around like yours---email me and let me know---htanks a bunchez of O's---remain blessed!!
Girl - don't knock the Blue Ball. There's a craft warehouse there worth checking out.
I have to tell you the friend who told me about it is an older, very devout Catholic lady who was going on and on about the craft warehouse in Blue Ball, near Intercourse....with a straight face. The heathens among us were hysterical.......
k8
A bunch of us from the CK board, including Kristin from above, all met at that craft warehouse in Blue Ball for a crop. They have a pretty big scrapbooking area and crop area.
The first time I went to Intercourse, PA was when I was 11 years old. And I was with my mom and some of her friends. I was DYING laughing about it the whole time and my mom was so bugged.
This post made me crack up after a very stressful day!
Thanks!
I would love to have one of those signs for my scraproom!
LOL
Post a Comment