PLEASE NOTE: This post may contain affiliate links for products I love and believe in. When you purchase them I get a small commission. Thanks so much for your support! To read my full privacy policy click here.


Ella's Birthday Pt.2

2.27.2009
Today at noon we met some of Ella's friends at Moon Bounce for her friend party. I heard a few years back that to throw a successful birthday party you should only have as many guests as the age your child is turning. So we had Ella and four guests and it was perfectly low key and fun. Ella was fearless on the Moon Bounce equipment.


Evangeline was not fearless. She was totally afraid and cautious. She could not even muster up the courage to take on the mini toddler's slide. I even took her up to the top of the big slide twice and went down with her (I am positive this broke some sort of weight restriction, but nobody stopped me so.....). Eva liked going down with me and even once on her own, but would not attempt climbing the stairs and going down on her own. Until Dana stepped in.

Dana Delaware (as we call her) took Eva up twice and then Eva was hooked. She climbed the never ending steps of the huge slide over and over again on her own and flung herself down.

Hooray for braving a new experience!

The other friends who came were Dana's daughter Jenny and Ella's crush Parker and his little brother Tyler.


Ella got wonderful gifts. A pink backpack, which she wore and refused to take off for the remainder of the day, and two little craft sets. She adores crafts! This party with her friends was so much fun. We are thinking of buying anytime passes for our girls since they had such a great time at the Moon Bounce today.


Tonight we finish off with family presents (pink sparkle shoes and a play-do fun factory) and after dinner, we get to partake of the most crazy-looking toddler decorated cake of all time. I let my used-to-work-in-a-bakery control freak go and allowed Ella to help frost and decorate her 5 layer cake. It is a sight to behold. Slightly off center, tipping, covered in crumbs and housing an alarming amount of pink sprinkles and pink edible glitter. It is ringed with small ballerinas in pink tutus. She even helped write her name on the top with icing. Ella really loved helping decorate the cake and says it is the most beautiful cake she has ever seen. I am so glad I let her help....wonky outcome and all.




.
.

6 comments

midnight hysteria said...

happy birthday, ella ... i don't think two (or more) days is too long to celebrate a birthday, especially if the celebrator is so cute and darling ...

happy birthday, again, ella!!!

Anonymous said...

Adorable cake! Just love it! Happy, happy Birthday!

(And fun blog - just stumbled on you by way of Noel Joy!)

The Sonboul's said...

Bradley saw that slide and said "I want to go there with Ella"

Happy BIRTHDAY LITTLE GAL! Love that cake.

Unknown said...

What wonky outcome are you talking about? The cake looks fantastic! And look at that happy face! She is just adorable!
Happy Birthday Ella!

Unknown said...

WHAT.A.DOLL.

Happeeeee Birthday Ella! :-D

Anonymous said...

When I come back in my next life, can I be your daughter? With amazing red hair and that cute little smile? What a fun time your girls have with you. Also, the cake looked terrific. No wonkiness at all. You're an awesome Mom!