She is one of those special people whose first name should always be followed by their last name. Like "Jordan Catalano" from My So Called Life.
Well, she's hands down one of the best people I have ever known, is a published author, a fabulous mother and cook, a true giver and her blog is hilarious!
I asked her to guest blog and she refused....she said the pressure was too much since I have so many readers. To which I say Pish Posh!
So the following post, between the dotted lines, is her post as stolen by me, forcing her to blog in a very deviant cut and paste method.
. : something i love : .

several christmases ago,
dave put about 20 packages
of chapstick in my stocking.
best present ever,as i am always losing/melting/destroying
my chapstick.
mixed in with the others,
was one light blue package.
i don't particularly care for the blue chapstick,
so i left it unopened for several years.
when it was the only one left,
i opened it.
to my delight,
it wasn't the normal blue chapstick
(that's actually white inside);
it was BLUE inside,
and it was PEPPERMINT.
it is wonderful.
i have searched for it in every store i have ever been in,
but i have never seen it anywhere.
the only place i can find it is online in bulk,
which is fine, i just hate to pay shipping.
but now that it's almost empty,
i'll be ordering soon,
and so should you.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

several christmases ago,
dave put about 20 packages
of chapstick in my stocking.
best present ever,as i am always losing/melting/destroying
my chapstick.
mixed in with the others,
was one light blue package.
i don't particularly care for the blue chapstick,
so i left it unopened for several years.
when it was the only one left,
i opened it.
to my delight,
it wasn't the normal blue chapstick
(that's actually white inside);
it was BLUE inside,
and it was PEPPERMINT.
it is wonderful.
i have searched for it in every store i have ever been in,
but i have never seen it anywhere.
the only place i can find it is online in bulk,
which is fine, i just hate to pay shipping.
but now that it's almost empty,
i'll be ordering soon,
and so should you.
So now to the end of the story and a give-away!
After Emily wrote this I directed her to an eBay auction where she could buy 20 for $20, including shipping. I said I would go halvsies with her.
(I also LOVE chapstick...just one of the reasons why we're best friends)
Then, the very next day in our Wal*Mart I spotted an entire rack of Peppermint Chapstick. I promptly bought 10 tubes...8 for her and 2 for me to try. I was ecstatic! I ran right home and called her and lo and behold she had already purchased the 20 chapsticks from eBay. That means we have 30 chapsticks to share between us. And people, that's a lot of chapstick.
So I am giving away 5 of the coveted peppermint chapsticks to one lucky reader who is also a bit obsessed with having moist, kissable lips. Leave your comments here before noon EST tomorrow to be eligible to win!
. After Emily wrote this I directed her to an eBay auction where she could buy 20 for $20, including shipping. I said I would go halvsies with her.
(I also LOVE chapstick...just one of the reasons why we're best friends)
Then, the very next day in our Wal*Mart I spotted an entire rack of Peppermint Chapstick. I promptly bought 10 tubes...8 for her and 2 for me to try. I was ecstatic! I ran right home and called her and lo and behold she had already purchased the 20 chapsticks from eBay. That means we have 30 chapsticks to share between us. And people, that's a lot of chapstick.
So I am giving away 5 of the coveted peppermint chapsticks to one lucky reader who is also a bit obsessed with having moist, kissable lips. Leave your comments here before noon EST tomorrow to be eligible to win!







54 comments
am i eligible?
I've always been a Burt's Bees girl myself....but, I could be persauded to go to the "dark side" for some PEPPERMINT chapstick!!!!
Jillain
love to try this peppermint chapstick !!! mysterious to me
I've always been a cherry chapstick girl. Once when I didn't wear it, my husband kissed me, gave me a funny look and said "you taste funny". Never seen the peppermint - must be a northern thing.
I am a die-hard ChapStick gal! I currently have a stick in the following locations: my purse, my desk drawer (at the office), my scrap tool carosel, the misc drawer in the kitchen, the drawer of my nightstand, the remote control caddy in the living room, the medicine cabinet in the bathroom, and one in my car. (That last one is soon to be moved to another location now that the hot weather has arrived. Pulling the lid off a tube that has been baking in the summer sun in your car is NOT FUN!).
If we go out somewhere and I discover that I've forgotten my beloved ChapStick, my husband will be forced to stop at the nearest store so I can buy a stick. He says I'm addicted. Phfht. What does he know? You should see his dry flakey lips in the winter. Horrors!
I thought I was the only one addicted to chapstick!!! My husband says I should go to Chapstick Anonymous. I've got tubes in my purse, diaper bag, car, and just about every room in my house!! I've never tried the Peppermint though ... please please pick me :-)
I love chapstick too.....mine just always seems to disappear since my 4yr granddaughter also loves chapstick and "borrows" mine.
OK, so now I'm so curious that even if I don't win it through your giveaway, I must go find this peppermint chapstick you speak of.
I, too, got to experience PEPPERMINT chap stick this Christmas when it was put in my stocking by my hubby...I love it, love it, love it! Can't wait to find more at WalMart and distribute it to all of my "spots".
Honestly you should give the prize to me.
1. I have five daughters, one for each girl. They love "lipstuff."
2. My youngest is also named Eva, the Spanish form of Eve.
3. I'm a guy that reads your blog, despite having no interest whatsoever in scrapbooking. I just think you're interesting.
4. We have Emily Foley in common (she'll tell you who I am), and I agree with all the nice things you said about her.
But if you don't pick me, pick Heather. Because the idea of Chapstick Anonymous is hilarious.
I love LOVE pampery (not a word I know :) things. Peppermint chapstick sounds fantastic and fits that bill perfectly!
I'll be crossing my lucky fingers until we find out who the winner is!
I think I could talk Emily out of one of her tubes but I like contests so I will break my code of silence! I have used Carmex for as long as I can remember but I am willing to try something different.
We call it "lip stuff" and I'm addicted to it. My latest fav is "Lizard Lips" lip balm... Good, good stuff!
I love CHAPSTICK!!! my worse time i need it is in the tanning bed so while I am in there you will see me fisting the chapstick in one hand!!
I've never tried the Peppermint, but it sounds good!
I am so addicted to Chapstick. I have to have one in each room of my house, my diaper bag, and I would leave one in the car, but with 115 degree summers, that's really a bad idea. ;)
throw my name in the hat. i'm usually a blistex kind of girl ~ that's all i wear on my lips ~ i HATE lipstick!! :) anywhoo....peppermint tea is my favorite so i'm guessing i'll like peppermint chapstick, too :)
You got a fast one on Emily! I'm sure she'll forgive you though! I could always use more chapstick since I always seem to lose mine... If it's not lost, then my kids got a hold of it and it is no longer usable...
I am always in need of some chapstick!
Great idea.
I'm actually leaving a comment for my husband. He would totally LOVE this chapstick. He is the one that is addicted to chapstick. I don't think he has tried peppermint. This could be a great gift to add to his Father's Day gifts.
Thanks for the chance to win.
Sara in Tampa
This is Emily's cousin. I also think she is hilarious. I call her "my funny cousin Emily". I would love to try this peppermint chapstick that I've heard so much about. I've always been a chapstick girl but recently got some Burt's Bees as a gift and like it a lot. Peppermint chapstick could also be a wonderful thing.
Sorry, long comment!
I'll take it
How cool! I didn't even know they made peppermint. I have always been a cherry girl. My have my boys addicted to it also. I can't wait to try it!
There is a reason you should pick me. My toddler just discovered my two tubes of chapstick (unbeknownst to me) and put them all over her "wips"... and face...and hands. So five chapsticks would give me plenty for myself and my little budding makeup artist. :)
I have to leave a comment because I LOVE that peppermint chapstick. My mom buys the multi-pack of chaptstick from Costco and lets me have the peppermint ones. :)
I'm the girl that has 5 different tubes in my bag and uses them everyday. Love chap-stick! Who wants to kiss a cute, crafty girl with rough, scaley lips? Eww...
Hahahaha Em, you're asking if you're eligible and you just paid for the 20 chapsticks? I think I should be eligible though.
Oh My gosh!! My 12 year old son is totally addicted to Chapstick! He would totally love this and he too is always losing or melting his!!
If I can win by being the most pitiful contest I sure will try. Here I go....
I should win totally for sure. Being a divorced girl about to turn thirty, I thought that I had my life figured out and was on the right track. I felt like I healed from the divorce and moved on with my life. I had a new boyfriend who I felt very connected with and was planning on marrying. We talked about marriage all the time, but we were waiting for him to get a job so he could move out of his parents house. He has been living there to help his parents recover from a car crash. Well, things were not progessing the way I had imagined them. So, like an adult I contacted him with my concerns. Explaining how I felt in the relationship and my hopes. Apparently it was to much for him and after lots of venting and blame pointed in my direction he broke up with me in an email and deleted me off of any websites that we were both members of. As if I never existed. Talk about heart ache. So, now that I am picking myself back up again and looking in the mirror telling myself in a Barbara Streisand voice, "Hello gorgeous!", it would be nice to have soft, supple lips to go out and give some kisses to new prospects. So, please pick me...finding my future husband may very well hing on this prize package of chapsticks.
i'm a burt's bees girl, too
& i love their peppermint scent
& i am flexible!
i can try new things
especially 5 at a time...
:)
mmmmmmm Peppermint! I have Chapstick and/or Carmex in every purse, car, bathroom, nook and cranny of my house. Living in the desert makes your lips dry!!! This would be so much fun to win :)
Who isn't a lip balm girl these days? ;o) Have it on my bedside table, keyboard, purse, near the sofa. It's a small problem. :O)
I have chapstick in every corner of my home/car/etc. I even carry some in my scrap bag. I, too, should join chapstick anonymous. I always get the original black tube. I'll have to give the peppermint a try though.
i love chapstick!
Oh, how fun are you two girls? I'd love to try this chapstick - I too am a hoarder of lip balm.
I would smile at your post except that my lips are too dry :)))
Too funny....if I win I have to give it to my SIL...she too is a chapstick addict.
thanks for the fun
one for me please... my lipps need it !!!
hum... peppermint for this summer, it's perfect ...
i don't know Chapstick, but I like to
thanks for this chance !!!
i'm curious to test the peppermint... so fresh
fantastic, with peppermint !!!! I want one of these sticks !!!
thanks for sharing this
Love anything Chapstick or Bonnie Bell lip glosses. I have the all over the house, in the cars, in all my handbags (that's 67 differet ones; I'm slightly obessed) and in pockets of jackets. The only downfall? My two-year old son has taken to eatting them. I go through a ton now between him eatting them, or me forgetting where I hid them so he won't eat them.
And peppermint? I love peppermint anything! Will have to look for these in the store.
Emily is awesome!!!
Since you're so cool, so must be Emily. It would be fun to try the chapstick.
Missed the giveaway but so jealous of the peppermin chapstick.
We only have cherry (yum), strawberry (yuck) or apple (gacky).
Happy peppermint puckering xxx
oooh, I am a chapstick junkie....wonder how I've never come across the peppermint??! I'd love an opportunity to win :)
i love chapstick! now i must search my wal mart for some to try this awesome sounding flavor! or you could just pick me...
I love, love, love chapstick! I would love a chance to win the peppermint chapstick. Since Emily posted about it, I've been looking for it here in Albuquerque and have yet to find some. So please, pick me! Does it help that I've known Emily since we were 5? :-)
I have chapstick strategically placed all over my house so chapstick is always close by. Also, in college, in a metalsmithing class, I made a beautiful sterling silver chapstick holder that I can wear on a necklace. Does that tell you how much I love chapstick? My favorite is the menta lip tint by bath and body works so I'm sure I would love this peppermint chapstick.
this post really made me laugh and I need to laugh today...thanks.
what a funny story...and i love chapstick...haven't seen that kind before so i'd love to try it!
I love peppermint lip stuff, but it's hard to find some that isn't too much or gross!
mmm anything with Mint in it was "mint" for me. I have never even heard of it, but now I will have to search for it!
Post a Comment